Start Date: July 1, 2022
Salary Range: Approx. Mid $90,000s to $120,000
Location: Remote / Virtual / Work From Home**
** Candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states within 30 days: California, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Washington DC, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, & Texas
About Peer Health Exchange
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national nonprofit organization that builds healthier communities with young people. Together, we create education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions.
About the Direct to Youth Innovation Lab
This work is led by our Direct to Youth (DTY) Innovation Lab. Our products are designed together with young people to create a safe digital place where they can see themselves reflected within a supportive and inclusive community that prioritizes their identity and experiences about mental health, sexual health, and beyond. Current offerings include our TikTok channel and our app, selfsea, available for download (Apple, Android) and as a web-based product.
As a team, we follow young people’s vision. Within Peer Health Exchange, we run as a separate business unit and innovation lab. That means that we run more like a social-good business than a traditional nonprofit in our goals and pacing. We go far together and include everyone. We are bold in our ambitions and fail early, often, and forward.
About the Role
Team: Marketing & Communications | Manager: VP, Marketing & Communications (DTY)
- Collaborate with VP, Marketing & Communications to conduct strategic planning; inclusive of paid growth strategy, ad buys, digital influencer recruitment and retention and budget
- Design and direct setting OKRs and creating budgets for the DTY Marketing & Communications Team, aligned to PHE’s process
- Manage four Marketing & Communications team members
- End-to-end ownership of product marketing for DTY, its existing product offerings (e.g. selfsea web and mobile app) and future launches.
- Develop concise, creative, compelling campaign messaging that conveys the value of PHE’s offerings and simplifies complex features and frameworks, partnering with Sr. Visual Design Manager to create collateral
- Leverage analytics, user insights, research, and segmentation to develop optimal targeting strategy that facilitates marketing and demand generation initiatives.
- Own user information and testimonials, becoming the go-to source for information about use cases and user experience/results.
- Conduct win/loss analysis, competitive analysis, and market analysis to gain a deep understanding of users' pain points and needs, decision-making process, and reasons for churn
- Partner with VP, Marketing & Communications and DTY leadership teams to shape the future roadmap based on user feedback, user insights, and market trends
- Cultivate strong cross-functional stakeholder relationships across multiple levels, collaborating and gaining support for projects, initiatives and ideas across the organization
- Partner with the Manager, Communications to develop case studies and highly educational thought leadership content (whitepapers, blog posts, educational videos, webinars, and more)
- Additional duties as needed
Here’s what we want to see in you!
If you meet most but not all of these qualifications, please still apply. We recognize that excellent candidates might not always check every box. We are looking for alignment on values and experiences, not perfection.
- Strong passion for PHE’s mission and core values, especially those highlighted above in how the Direct to Youth Innovation Lab operates
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in fast-paced, high-risk, ambiguous work with an eye toward continuous learning and iteration
- 5+ years of marketing experience with at least 2 years owning product marketing specifically
- Demonstrable expertise and a track record of success translating complex technical frameworks into compelling language that is persuasive and easy to understand
- 3 years of experience in a role supervising, managing and/or training others
- Compelling storyteller and user advocate with a strategic mindset, excellent writing skills, and strong presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams, communicate effectively, analyze and tell stories with data, and collaborate across teams in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced context
- Successful track record of working in diverse teams across multiple functions, with individuals from intersectional identities, varied backgrounds and abilities and/or working directly with young people aged 13-24.
Here’s why you should join us!
Be a part of an organization where you can grow, thrive, and strive to do and BE your best, every day. We take our work seriously. We have fun. All in service of better health outcomes and a more equitable world for young people.
- Competitive salary and benefits (15 days of vacation, sabbatical eligibility at 5 years tenure, robust health and dependent care, employee assistance program, 401k, commuter benefits, flex spending accounts, short-term disability program, life AD&D)
- 100% intentionally remote team and culture (flexible work schedule, 2x a year, in-person team retreats when safe to do so)
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed.